The Year is 1984!
I went with this picture this month because I have a special announcement to make! This is probably one of my favorite pictures of my brother and me. And it plays into my announcement 🙂 My brother was a couple months old in this picture. I was about 3 and 3/4 years old. There was a 4 year age gap between my bother and I basically growing up. He’s not so little now! He out grew me in height (just barely). And I think he’d be doing more of the protecting than I would, but for a long time I was the protector. And I loved being a big sister (still do). Now my little brother and sister-in-law have made me an aunt! Or a soon to be aunt! In July 2012 we’ll be welcoming a new addition to the family and I’m so excited! So congrats to Will and Danielle and here’s a post dedicated to you Will. I love you!
- My brother is about three months old here.
- We were living in Hanua, Germany. My brother was born in Frankfort, Germany.
- I got the sled for Christmas and my mom said she always wished it had sides and back cause it was tricky pulling us on it without us falling off.
- We owned that wood sled for years and years. I remember using it when I was in fourth grade to sleigh down this huge hill in the back of our apartment complex in Kansas.
- I’d just started preschool and loved it.
- My brother had his days and nights messed up 😀 He’d sleep through the day and keep my mom up at night.
It happened this year: 1984
- The Summer Olympic Games are held in Los Angeles. The Winter Olympic Games are held in Sarajevo, Yugoslavia.
- USSR And soviet block boycotts the Olympic games in retaliation for Western Boycott in 1980
- Aids Virus identified by French Immunologist.
- The first Apple Macintosh goes on sale.
- The Space Shuttle Discovery has its maiden voyage.
Cost of Living:
- Average Cost of new house $86,730
- Median Price Of and Existing Home $72,400
- Average Income per year $21,600.00
- Average Monthly Rent $350.00
- Movie Ticket $2.50
- 1 gallon of gas $1.10